Measuring Execution and Results from Multiple Programs at a $7 Billion Communications Company
- Business Goals: increase sales, differentiate beyond price, strengthen customer relationships
- Performance Challenges: price-driven buyers, low-level customer relationships, low-cost competitors, missed opportunities
- Measured Results: a 3 to 1 difference in sales volume gains between participants with high vs. low application
- 30.6% increase in sales volume for “high appliers”
- 9.7% increase in sales volume for “low appliers”
Pre/Post Change in
The Measurement Strategy
Custom SmartTrac Surveys™ type web surveys were created to track two training programs simultaneously.
- Training: consultative sales skills, negotiation skills, and coaching skills for managers
- Time frame: ranged from three to five months after the training
- Key measures: 16 skills, reinforcement activities, manager coaching, SmartTrac Surveys™ Success Stories, and requests for support
The Definite Difference™ made by use of the skills was calculated using performance data supplied by the client.
- Time frame: 6 months
- Data: monthly sales volume by individual participant and composite skill application scores
- Population: 53 participants
- Statistical Significance Testing: results showed “very high significance” where the critical value of T = 8.2289, p < .0005 @ 52 d.f.